Quickbooks is an accounting software package used by various sized businesses. It helps to manage your non-profit finances. Like other software, QuickBooks also has some errors. There are many errors, and one of them is Quickbooks error 6073. If somebody will try to open the company file in multi-user mode, this error would occur. There are many reasons behind this error which have been mentioned below along with the steps to fix them. So if you face this error and you want to get rid of it, you will be required to follow the steps and instructions given below. But if you are not a technical expert you can also get in touch with Quickbooks customer support number to get professional assistance and guidance.
Some of the causes of this error are mentioned below
- The file could be open on another system where single user mode is activated
- If the file is located in read-only network folder, this error will occur
- This error could occur if the records are hosted on a Linux server which is using multiple login credentials
- If the host system identifies that the user is logged in a remote operating system which is accessing the document, this error can take place
Below are some solutions to fix this problem:
- Solution 1: User can use Quickbooks file doctor tool to resolve Quickbooks error 6073. It can also resolve other Quickbooks issues.
- Solution 2: If somebody opens the file on another system using single user mode, you need to close Quickbooks desktop from all the computers. Now you need to open the company file in the host system. Go to file menu and switch to multi-user mode. If this doesn’t work, you will have to reboot all the workstations
- Solution 3: If your file is located in a read-only network folder, you need to go to the required folder (where the file is stored) using the host computer. Go to its properties and select the security tab. You will see an option ‘users with login issues’ and select that, then edit it like this
- Solution 4: If you see that your computer is being accessed remotely, you need to go to the taskbar and select task manager. Go to processes and if you find any processes running under the user name, restart your system
- Solution 5: If you see that the network data file is corrupted, you need to go to the windows explorer and search for the company file. Now you need to change the file extension and proceed. Open the QuickBooks and company file, and another network data file for the company will be created by QB
- Solution 6: If the network data files are labeled as hidden, you need to delete the hidden option.
If you will carefully follow the instructions mentioned below , you will be able to overcome this error very soon. But if these solutions do not help you, you can contact Quickbooks tech support number to get expert’s assistance.